After a few rings a woman answered the phone. Wow! very quick, I thought. After a registration process of my personal data here is the summary:
- Woman at the Phone: “Did you have a quick test or a normal?”
- Me Thinking: Well what is quick, what is normal? Nobody told me anything and there is nothing about it on any official site. So, I thought, I had a normal one.
- Woman at the Phone: “Keep your test with you and show it if you are asked about it!”
- Me Thinking: Funny, I can’t imagine that the police in Berlin is running around and asking random people “eh sorry, did you come back from Turkey a few days ago, can I see your covid-19 test?” (lol).
- Woman at the Phone: “Do you have an attest from a doctor that you are free of any covid-19 symptoms?”
- Me Thinking: Ok I had to confess I had no attest, but I also had no symptoms.
- Woman at the Phone: “Please go and get the attest and then send all of it to us via email”.
So, I did the next day and now I am carrying the attest and the covid-19 test result with me. Who is doing that, too?
After I told the woman that the German police at the passport control didn’t inform half of the passengers because they used the electric passport gates and that in my opinion most of the people wouldn’t call the health offices, she was angry and desperate at the same time.
I am finishing this article with her words “But it’s a pandemic, it’s very serious, it’s their civil obligation, they are a risk for others, they will harm others and they will get fined!”
PS: I was in Istanbul from 13.07 to 19.07.2020